AX is hiring for the summer!
AX is hiring a Digital Engagement and Marketing Coordinator for 8 weeks this summer. If you are between the ages of 15-30 and are interested in applying for this position, please prepare a cover letter specifically stating why you think you’d be great for this job and email the cover letter and your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org by June 27 (deadline extended).
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted, and we will evaluate applications and contact potential candidates as they come in, so if you’re interested, don’t delay.
These positions are located in Sussex, NB, and you will be required to work onsite. You do not need to be returning to school in the fall to qualify. We ask that all employees be immunized and boosted against COVID-19
Digital Engagement and Marketing Coordinator
The Digital Engagement and Marketing Coordinator, reporting directly to the Executive and Artistic Director (EAD), will help grow awareness of AX, inspire engagement, and help us offer a combination of in-person and online programming. The student will receive onsite coaching to learn how to design, edit, and update a variety of communications and marketing platforms, including our website, electronic newsletter, social media, and internal/external communications like news releases and posters. They will also help with digital arts programming, such as offering technical support for online presentations with artists and helping to create our virtual exhibitions.
The successful candidate will play a vital role in fulfilling AX’s mandate to support, promote and foster arts and culture in the region and will help us maintain public engagement amid ongoing pandemic related restrictions by balancing safe, in-person and virtual activities, and educating our community about these changes and how to access the information.
See above for instructions on how to apply.
Tasks and responsibilities
- Create new and update existing marketing materials (ex. social media posts, e-newsletters, posters); coordinate distribution.
- Write content for marketing and communication materials.
- Prepare and distribute communications materials (ex. news releases, public service announcements).
- Work with the EAD to incorporate digital programming and an expanded Instagram presence.
- Maintain and develop the AX website – training provided.
- Other assigned tasks and projects as required by EAD, including shared COVID-19 operational plan duties.
- You will be writing content for our website, social media accounts, and traditional media such as news releases – for this reason, you must possess excellent English communications skills, verbal and written. We will provide oversight and examples for you to follow, but you must already have solid, demonstrable skills in this area.
- Able to work independently and as part of a team, take direction, and prioritize and manage multiple projects with tight deadlines, following them through to completion.
- You must be organized and responsible.
Software training will be provided by AX; knowledge of Microsoft Word or comparable software, such as Google docs etc., required. It’s not necessary to have previous experience working with WordPress, MailChimp, Canva, or graphics design software since we’ll provide some training, but it would certainly be an asset. Some weekends and evenings may be required.
Safety measures due to COVID-19
The successful candidate is required to be immunized and boosted.