AX is committed to developing, supporting and promoting exhibition opportunities and experiences for New Brunswick artists. In choosing exhibitions, AX seeks a balance of established and emerging artists, exhibiting works from our community and beyond.
Call for proposals
Deadline extended to November 1, 2020
AX, the Arts and Culture Centre of Sussex is seeking exhibition submissions for the 2022-2023 season. All professional artists and artist teams, as well as emerging artists, are invited and encouraged to submit proposals for solo, group, or curated exhibitions.
All artists interested in submitting an exhibition proposal to AX must fill out the Exhibition proposal form.
AX’s exhibitions are selected by a rotating panel of respected artists and art educators knowledgeable in the discipline involved. The selected jury will base its decision on the submitted artist’s statement and images.
In your proposal, please include:
- Contact info (name, address, phone, email, website)
- Are you applying for a solo artist show, a group show, or a show you will curate?
- Title of proposed exhibition
- Approx. # of pieces and dimensions
- Full description of project (max. 500 words), including:
- artist statement
- concept for proposed exhibit
- what you are trying to achieve
- Arts resume/CV (3 pages or less)
- Artist biography, including training and exhibition history (max. 500 words)
- 10 digital (JPG) images of work with an accompanying numbered image list specifying title, media, dimensions, and year of work. Can send images on a USB stick, through Dropbox.com, or by email – website links to supplementary visual materials also welcome. Images submitted by email must be no larger than 1024 pixels at the longest dimension, and no more than 150dpi.
Applications may be submitted electronically to: email@example.com (please include AX Exhibition Proposal in the subject line of the email).
Or mailed/dropped off in person to:
AX, the Arts and Culture Centre of Sussex
12 Maple Ave. Sussex, NB E4E 2N5
AX offers an average of six exhibitions a year and strives to pay artists fair compensation for the right to exhibit their work. We include artist fees based on national standards in all grant applications so these fees can be paid to artists whenever possible. AX is also dedicated to exhibiting children’s art and student work created in local-area schools and through our own programming.
AX’s exhibitions are selected by a rotating panel of respected artists and art educators knowledgeable in the discipline involved. The selected juries base their decisions on the artist’s statement and images submitted as part of exhibition proposals.
In the Gallery…
See our Exhibitions Archives page for our previous exhibitions in the AX Gallery