12 Maple Avenue, Sussex, New Brunswick.
AX welcomes approximately 1600 visitors to our arts and culture centre each month. People have come from Sussex and all across Canada, the United States, and even some from Europe and the Middle East.
A hub for arts and culture
AX is a charitable organization that offers multi-disciplinary arts and culture programming for our region.
We aim to:
- Connect art, artists, and the public
- Present dynamic exhibitions, art and fine craft classes, and live music and literary performances
- Offer artists and the public fresh and innovative experiences from near and far
Our building is located in the heart of Sussex, New Brunswick and consists of a licensed restaurant called Knocks Café, an outdoor patio, a professional, climate-controlled and secure gallery, a Ceramics Centre, and artists’ studios for rent.
Hours of operation
Tue-Wed, 10am – 3pm
Thur-Sat, 10am – 4pm
In the AX gallery
Mar. 9 – May 4: Channel: Conversations with Emma Kunz ~ artist Deanna Musgrave
- March 9, 2:00 p.m. Exhibition Launch ~ Deanna Musgrave, with a performance from Andrew Reed Miller, Resonance New Music
- April 6, 1:00 p.m. Slow Art Day presentation ~ Deanna Musgrave
- April 13, 1:00 p.m. Artist Talk ~ Deanna Musgrave
May 11-18: Student art “pop up” show, featuring art by students from local schools
May 25 – Aug. 3: Wood craft exhibition, curated by Christiana Myers
Weekdays: if school is closed in Anglophone School District South, the AX gallery and office is closed for the day, and events and workshops are cancelled/postponed.
Afternoon and evening events, and weekends: in the event of inclement weather (current or incoming), we will assess on a case-by-case basis and provide information through our telephone voicemail message (506) 433-8351, here on our website, and our Facebook page.
AX gratefully acknowledges support from:
Sari LaBelle, Consultant