AX National Emerging Ceramic Artists Exhibition 2023
December 8 – February 24
AX National Emerging Ceramic Artists Exhibition
Launch: Friday, December 8, 6:00pm
End: Saturday, February 24
Artist Talk: TBD
AX is thrilled to welcome you all to the inaugural AX National Emerging Ceramic Artists Exhibition, opening in the AX Gallery on December 8.
The AX National Emerging Ceramic Artists Exhibition is a bi-annual exhibition, accepting applications from emerging ceramists across Canada. The twenty selected pieces were chosen by a jury of well-respected and award winning artists and will be hosted in the gallery until the end of February, 2024.
A virtual talk with he artists of the three winning pieces will be held later this winter. Stay tuned for further details.
1st Place Winner
Hot for Only So Long
2nd Place Winner
Reasoning with the Inner Demons
3rd Place Winner
Vase in Faux Fur
The Ties That Bind
The Reliquary of Kings
Repurposed – Plastic Container I (Reproduction Series)
Chartreuse Crystalline Bowl
Sans titre (grillage-panier)
Carved Ombré Sugar Jar
Garnished With Time
Yes, acanthussy salad plate
Love’s Labour: Fragments of Memory
Donut Worry About It
Standing Figure Nude
We acknowledge the support of Canada Council for the Arts
Call for Exhibition Proposals
Professional and emerging artists/artist teams working in all mediums are invited and encouraged to submit proposals for solo, group, or curates exhibitions. The deadline for proposal submissions for next season has passed, but we accept proposals year round for later dates.
AX is committed to developing, supporting and promoting exhibition opportunities and experiences for New Brunswick artists from established and underrepresented communities. In choosing exhibitions, AX seeks a balance of established and emerging artists, exhibiting works fro our region and beyond. AX is also dedicated to exhibiting children’s art and student work created in local-area schools and through our own programming.
AX offers an average of six exhibitions a year and strives to pay artists fair compensation for the right to exhibit their work. We include artist fees based on national CARFAC standards in all grant applications so there fees can be paid to artists whenever possible. AX’s exhibitions are selected by a rotating panel of respected artists and art educators knowledgeable in the discipline involved. The selected juries base their decisions on the artist’d statement and images submitted as part of exhibitions proposals.
While you may suggest a curator as part of your proposal, AX is under no obligation to pay this curator or work with them directly. In your proposal, please clarify if you are willing to work with a curator of AX’s choosing. If you are proposing a curator, please include their credentials along with your proposal.
All artists interested in submitting an exhibtion proposal should also refer to our sample artist agreement before submitting as it clarifies requirements assiciated with exhibiting at AX.
In your proposal, please include:
- Contact information (name, address, phone, email, website)
- Are you applying for a solo artist show, a group show, or a show you will curate?
- Title of your proposed exhibiton
- Approximate number of pieces and dimensions
- Project description (max. 500 words), including:
- artist statement
- concept for proposed exhibit
- what are you trying to achieve
- Note: If you would prefer to present your project description by video, you may upload a 2 to 3 minute (maximum) video clip to YouTube and share the link with us.
- Arts resume/CV (no more than 3 pages)
- Artist biography, including training and exhibiton history (no more than 500 words)
- 10 digital (JPG) images of work with an accompanying numbered image list specifying title, media, dimensions, and year of work. Can send images on a USB stick, through Dropbox.com or WeTransfer, or by email – website links to supplementary visual materials are also welcome. Images submitted by email must be no larger than 1024 pixels at the longest dimension, adn no more than 150 dpi.
Applications may be submitted electronically to: email@example.com (please include AX Exhibition Proposal int he subject line of the email). Or mailed/dropped off in person to:
AX, the Arts and Culture Centre of Sussex
12 Maple Ave., Sussex, NB E4E2N5
Preparing a proposal? Have a look at our gallery dimensions and photos for context. If you have any questions about the proposal process, contact: firstname.lastname@example.org