Call for Exhibition Proposals
AX is seeking proposals for the 2024/25 exhibition season. Please submit your exhibition proposal for consideration by November 6, 2022. Professional and emerging artists/artist teams working in all mediums are invited and encouraged to submit proposals for solo, group, or curated exhibitions.
AX is committed to developing, supporting and promoting exhibition opportunities and experiences for New Brunswick artists from established and underrepresented communities. In choosing exhibitions, AX seeks a balance of established and emerging artists, exhibiting works from our region and beyond. AX is also dedicated to exhibiting children’s art and student work created in local-area schools and through our own programming.
AX offers an average of six exhibitions a year and strives to pay artists fair compensation for the right to exhibit their work. We include artist fees based on national CARFAC standards in all grant applications so these fees can be paid to artists whenever possible. AX’s exhibitions are selected by a rotating panel of respected artists and art educators knowledgeable in the discipline involved. The selected juries base their decisions on the artist’s statement and images submitted as part of exhibition proposals.
While you may suggest a curator as part of your proposal, AX is under no obligation to pay this curator or work with them directly. In your proposal, please clarify if you are willing to work with a curator of AX’s choosing. If you are proposing a curator, please include their credentials along with your proposal.
Deadline for proposals: November 6, 2022
All artists interested in submitting an exhibition proposal should also refer to our sample artist agreement before submitting as it clarifies requirements associated with exhibiting at AX.
In your proposal, please include:
- Contact information (name, address, phone, email, website)
- Are you applying for a solo artist show, a group show, or a show you will curate?
- Title of your proposed exhibition
- Approximate number of pieces and dimensions
- Project description (max. 500 words), including:
- artist statement
- concept for proposed exhibit
- what you are trying to achieve
- Note: If you would prefer to present your project description by video, you may upload a 2 to 3 minute (maximum) video clip to YouTube and share the link with us.
- Arts resume/CV (no more than 3 pages)
- Artist biography, including training and exhibition history (no more than 500 words)
- 10 digital (JPG) images of work with an accompanying numbered image list specifying title, media, dimensions, and year of work. Can send images on a USB stick, through Dropbox.com or WeTransfer, or by email – website links to supplementary visual materials are also welcome. Images submitted by email must be no larger than 1024 pixels at the longest dimension, and no more than 150dpi.
Applications may be submitted electronically to: firstname.lastname@example.org (please include AX Exhibition Proposal in the subject line of the email).
Or mailed/dropped off in person to:
AX, the Arts and Culture Centre of Sussex
12 Maple Ave. Sussex, NB E4E 2N5