Call for Submissions (Deadline Extended)
The AX National Emerging Artists Ceramics Exhibition 2023
AX is seeking applications for the AX National Emerging Artists Ceramics Exhibition 2023.
Please submit your application by April 21, 2023. This exhibition is for emerging artists working in clay/ceramics. Works can be functional or sculptural.
Emerging ceramists around the country are invited to make a submission to a jury of respected professional ceramic artists who will select 20 artists to take part in the exhibition. The exhibition will offer up-and-coming artists an opportunity to have their work recognized and promoted in a national, juried exhibition. In addition, three cash prizes of $5000, $3000, and $1000 will be awarded to three outstanding submissions.
In selecting the 20 pieces, the jurors will choose exceptional work which demonstrates skill, conveys a clear concept, and creates conversation. Works can be functional or sculptural.
We will notify successful artists by May 22, 2023, and artists must deliver work to AX no later than June 15, 2023. Artists are responsible for the shipping arrangements (both ways), with AX reimbursing the costs up to $600. The exhibition will take place from December 2023 to February 2024.
AX will pay artist fees to the 20 selected artists. Fees will be based on national Canadian Artists’ Representation/Le Front des artistes canadiens (CARFAC) standards.
Deadline for applications: April 21, 2023
All artists interested in submitting an application should also refer to the AX National Emerging Artists Ceramics Exhibition 2023 artist agreement before submitting; it clarifies the requirements associated with exhibiting your work at AX.
- Applicants must be an emerging artist. An emerging artist is defined as:
- Artists of any age who are in the early stages of their professional career, have completed specialized training or have equivalent experience, and have presented their work publicly. Age is not a determining factor.
- Applicants must be Canadian citizens or permanent residents over the age of 18.
- Applicants must choose one piece of work to submit for consideration, not multiple pieces.
- The primary medium of submitted work must be clay/ceramics.
- Submitted work must be no larger than 3 feet square and no taller than 6 feet.
- Submitted work can be freestanding or wall-hanging.
- Submitted work can be functional or sculptural in nature.
- Work must have been created in the last two years.
- Work must not have appeared previously in any juried exhibition.
Artists must submit applications through the online form HERE.
If you have any questions about the submission process, contact: firstname.lastname@example.org.
We acknowledge the support of the Canada Council for the Arts.