Call for Workshop Proposals
AX is seeking proposals for the 2023 workshop season. Please submit your workshop proposal for consideration by December 31, 2022.
AX offers workshops in various disciplines, including visual arts, ceramics, fine crafts, and writing.
Workshop formats can be flexible. For example, workshops may be single half-day or full-day classes, after-school programs, week-long March Break (for youth) or summer workshops, or 4-6 consecutive weeks of 1 ½ hr – 3 hr sessions, as your workshop requires.
AX can work with you to help determine a suitable time and fee schedule, and once a proposal has been accepted, AX helps publicize the event. We also manage registration and fee collection from participants.
AX hosts approximately 20-25 workshops per year, and an independent, volunteer committee meets every few months to review proposals. If you wish your workshop to be considered in the next review, please submit your proposal by December 31, 2022.
Why choose AX as a place for your workshop?
- AX is a vibrant regional hub for arts and culture to the more than 500,000 people living within a 100 km radius of Sussex.
- One of the busiest, most active arts and culture centres in New Brunswick.
- Designated as one of the three critical pillars to boost regional economic development by the Town of Sussex.
- Hosting 3,000 visitors/month – culture connects us.
- AX actively creates community cohesion and pride of place by projecting who we are – not only to ourselves but to the world.
- The centre acts as a catalyst for change and development in the arts, tourism, education, mental health, seniors’ engagement, youth engagement and retention, as well as job creation.
Note: For those working with youth, AX requires a Vulnerable Sector Check – contact us for more information.
If you’re interested in teaching at AX, please complete a Workshop Proposal Form and send it to us. If you’re planning to teach a ceramics workshop, please complete our Additional Ceramics Info Form as well as our regular Workshop Proposal Form. If you’d like more information, contact us!
Proposals can be submitted here.