Call for Workshop Proposals
AX seeks proposals for workshops on an ongoing basis. If you would like to teach a workshop at AX, please submit the following to email@example.com:
- A current CV
- A short bio
- A brief description of the workshop you would like to teach (we will use this in promotion, so please include length of workshop, approximate cost of materials, and any outcomes the participants will achieve. For example, in a linocut workshop they will take home an edition of 10 prints.)
AX offers workshops in various disciplines, including visual arts, ceramics, fine crafts, and writing.
Workshop formats can be flexible. For example, workshops may be single half-day or full-day classes, after-school programs, week-long March Break (for youth) or summer workshops, or 4-6 consecutive weeks of 1 ½ hr – 3 hr sessions, as your workshop requires.
If your proposal is successful, AX will pay you $40/hour, reimburse you for any materials you purchase, and reimburse you for mileage ( up to $300). AX can work with you to help determine a suitable time and AX will help publicize the event. We also manage registration and fee collection from participants.
AX hosts approximately 20-25 workshops per year, and an independent, volunteer committee meets every few months to review proposals.
Why choose AX as a place for your workshop?
- AX is a vibrant regional hub for arts and culture to the more than 500,000 people living within a 100 km radius of Sussex.
- One of the busiest, most active arts and culture centres in New Brunswick.
- Designated as one of the three critical pillars to boost regional economic development by the Town of Sussex.
- Hosting 3,000 visitors/month – culture connects us.
- AX actively creates community cohesion and pride of place by projecting who we are – not only to ourselves but to the world.
- The centre acts as a catalyst for change and development in the arts, tourism, education, mental health, seniors’ engagement, youth engagement and retention, as well as job creation.
Note: For those working with youth, AX requires a Vulnerable Sector Check – contact us for more information.
If you have any questions, please email Alana at firstname.lastname@example.org.